Stones and mulches play an important part in any landscaping project. The selection of stones available for creative landscape designs ranges from large boulders, wall stones, River Jack Stone and crushed stone. Bulk Stones Supply in NJ comes from established companies such as Pantano Nursery & Landscape Supply. Landscape projects also need a reliable supply of bulk mulches and soils, plants, sod, and outdoor lighting fixtures. Large nursery and landscape supply businesses can supply all of these items, saving time and money on large projects. When purchasing everything at one place, volume discounts and free or reduced delivery are possible.
Landscape projects can be designed and installed by the homeowner, a contractor, a landscaper, a builder, an architect, or a combination of professionals. An architect may design a landscape project and work with a contractor or landscaper during the installation. A builder may work with a contractor or landscaper to install landscaping around homes being built. The homeowner may choose to work with a contractor or a landscaper to install the landscape he or she has designed. Contractors and landscapers have the large equipment and expertise needed to grade the lot, haul in all the landscape materials, as well as lift and install large amounts of soil, stone and mulch. Special equipment is needed to move large boulders into place. These professionals also have the experience and knowledge to calculate the proper amount of each material to order for the landscaping projects.
Some of the most popular mulches and stones used in New Jersey landscaping projects:[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_3″ last=”no”]
[/fusion_builder_column] [fusion_builder_column type=”1_3″ last=”no”]
[/fusion_builder_column] [fusion_builder_column type=”1_3″ last=”yes”]
* Black mulch: This is a finely shredded mulch with color enhancement to make it a rich dark black that will not fade. The color will hold for two seasons for dramatic color contrast.
* Triple shred mulch: This is made from the bark of hardwood trees like oak and is a natural dark brown that fades during summer months. This is a finer much which breaks down faster.
* Red dye mulch: This is a fine mulch made by grinding and blending chosen hardwoods with an environmentally friendly red dye. The color will last for two summers and helps with moisture retention.
* Screened top soil: Topsoil is dirt that can be mixed with organic materials and is best for raising landscape elevations, filling holes, and growing grass. It can be used as a top dressing.
* Red stone: This red colored, jagged stone comes in either 3/8 or 3/4-inch size and can be used in flower beds, pool areas, walkways, and driveways.
* River jack stone comes from riverbeds and is rounded by river flow. It has a gray color with tan accents. This stone is used around pools, waterscapes, draining features, and hardscapes.
* Goose egg stones: These naturally smooth, rounded stones resemble goose eggs because of their white and tan speckled color. These stones have many uses including general landscape areas.
* Timberlite: This crushed stone comes in a combination of yellow, brown, red, creme and black colors with a texture like lava rock. It is lightweight and very versatile. It resembles wood chips.
* White marble chip: White marble chips add an attractive professional look to landscape projects. It helps prevent weed growth and erosion. This stone also screens soil from harsh temperatures.
* Pink carnation stone: A calcite marble crushed stone that comes in shades of lavender, pink, and white. It has rough edges for a natural look in landscape areas like driveways and walkways.
Why do landscapes need mulches and stones?
Landscapes benefit from the use of stones and mulches in many ways. Stones of different sizes add variety and interest to landscape projects. Mulches and small stone covers help prevent weed growth, erosion, and water loss in flower beds, walkways, and driveways. The varying colors and textures of the stones and mulches add beauty to the landscape. Stone covers and mulches help to make landscape maintenance easier. Look at the rest of our website for more information on landscape materials.[/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]